Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Photos!

There is so much to write about but I don't have time right now. I want to get out to shoot more. Here are some photos from yesterday.A detail of the Alaska Mountain Range.
A ranger speaks with the assistant secretary of the interior and his son and son-in-law in from of Denali at Eielson Visitor Center just after the grand opening
I have had two encounters with wolf puppies. Two months ago I believe I photographed this pup's mommy. See post below.
Wildlife sighting!
A sleeping grizzly bear takes a moment to stretch.
Superintendent of Denali National Park Paul Anderson addresses the crowd during the grand opening of Eielson Visotor Center. A perfect day!
Lots of babies around. This is a Ptarmigan.
A fox yawns as it strolls along the roadside.
Moose love the weeds that grow in the kettle ponds.
Another baby. This was one of two grizzly bear cubs that sauntered past our bus.
Denali!
The assistant to the secretary of the interior addresses the gathering during the Eielson grand opening.
You have to see this for yourself. It's indescribable.
A rare day because Denali is rarely visible due to weather.
Another wolf puppy crosses the road behind a visitor bus.
Headed out last night after we got back. I was looking for a bull moose that evaded me when I turned to look down the road and here is what I saw.

5 comments:

  1. Kent,
    Wow what a great bunch of photos. So many of Denali. What a great day for a grand opening.
    Your sister, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fanatastic photos kent! makes me want to visit alaska even more than i already do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics, Uncle Kent! You are such a great photographer!!

    ReplyDelete