Monday, June 16, 2008

Mommy Moose and Eagle

I stayed up all night last night because I wanted to catch the early morning light which is at about 4 a.m. I was disappointed that it was raining so I missed the light but got the bald eagle below.

In a few minutes I will go to dinner with Jay. He is taking me to a local place in Healy. I love Alaskan people! I am fascinated with their strength and endurance. This is certainly like a different country.Look buddy. Don't mess with me. I have two calves in here so you better watch it...
A moose calf.
Bald eagle from this morning at 5 a.m. Jay tells me it is rare to see a blad eagle in this portion of Denali.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, even the moose grow a beard. Wade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a direct quote?- First photo.

    -Sophie, see I am looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete