Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cannot get photos to upload

OK so I made it to the big five. I shot a moose today. I can't upload photos for some reason tonight so I will try again tomorrow. The big five are, moose, grizzly bear, wolf, dall sheep, and caribou. The difference between a caribou and a reindeer is that a reindeer flies...

I have also shot: porcupine, fox, magpie (it's a bird) ptarmigan, snowshoe hare, arctic ground squirrel, owl, whale, and black bear.

Today I shot lots of regular assignments in the front country where all the official action takes place. Big shot officials, dog mushing demonstration, and a discovery hike (a ranger takes folks out on a hike and explains lots of stuff about wildlife and such).

Tomorrow I will have a shorter day with just a couple of assignments including shooting backpackers that go out into the back country. The next day Jay and I will head to the back country for a couple of days. We will stay in a camp for employees at Toklat which is half way out. I will be heading to Wonder Lake (90 miles from here at 25 mph) where there are amazing photos to be had of Mt. McKinley. 

One of my photos will be on the back cover of a book the park is working on! We hope to have an official website of all my photos soon. 

It's 12:15 a.m. and it's so bright out. It was kind of warm today in the low 70s. It gets pretty cold at night. Usually in the 30s or 40s. 

Thanks to everyone that has commented on my blog! Barb gets the prize for the most comments. Thanks Barb!

-KM

3 comments:

  1. Prize? What prize? I didn't know there was a prize involved. I can step it up.

    I WANT MORE PICTURES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step it up Jeanne. Remember I'm on the Reference Desk during summer break until Kent's triumphal return to the lower 48.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow dad, your picturs. i love them!!!



    love,
    betsy

    ReplyDelete